Request to Visitors
We would appreciate your cooperation and understanding in complying with the preventative measures (revised as of March 13, 2023) we are taking to control the spread of infections.
1. Visitors who have a fever or other symptoms associated the novel coronavirus, or suspect that they may be infected, or who are co-habitating with someone who has tested positive, are kindly asked to refrain from entering the museum to avoid further spread of the disease.
2. When entering the building, please use the sterilizer provided to disinfectant your hands.
3. Inside the museum, it may not always be possible to maintain an appropriate distance (over two meters) from other visitors, so we recommend that you wear a mask out of consideration for others.
4. Although there is no time- or date-specific reservation system for the museum collection exhibition, it may be necessary to limit the number of visitors when the galleries are congested.
5. When entering the museum as part of a group, please maintain an appropriate distance from others.
Preventative Measures Taken by the Setagaya Museum of Art
We have taken the following measures to do our utmost to control the spread of infections:
1. Disinfectants are provided in the entrance hall and other places around the museum, and all of the restrooms are equipped with medicated soap to ensure visitors’ safety and improve hygiene control.
2. Handrails, sofas, lavatories, elevators, and other places that are touched by a large number of visitors have been disinfected.
3. The museum staff will provide guidance while wearing a mask.
4. To prevent against droplet infection, partitions have been erected in the museum shop and other places, where the staff comes into direct contact with visitors.
5. To avoid congestion in the galleries, only a fixed number of visitors will be allowed to enter at one time.